Talent PR Trainee
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
New York, NY
R&CPMK is seeking an Account Manager to join the Global Entertainment team to participate on accounts that fall within the entertainment scope such as film/tv/streaming campaigns and thought leadership/media brands publicity. You will help craft the image of companies and executives across a variety of media, and work on select consumer facing release campaigns (film, TV, streaming, social, tech). You'll be responsible for day-to-day client interaction; securing high-end earned media placements; strategizing and formulating pitches and story ideas / angles; and brainstorming and implementing ideas for wide ranging publicity campaigns.
The Fine Print:
• Create and implement strategic and results-driven publicity campaigns for clients including film studios, film & TV production companies, streamers, as well as individual projects for theatrical film and digital platforms
• Own client correspondence and agendas
• Conducts proactive and reactive media pitching. Successfully pitch stories and manage media to deliver high quality results
• Place stories with print, broadcast, online press
• Executive visibility work
• Identify, pitch and secure speaking opportunities via panels, summits, keynotes, etc.
• Work cohesively as part of project teams; as well as staying proactive to the tasks assigned
• Act as primary client contact by continually encouraging client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to client
• Track all media coverage and help maintain the master press database
• Keep client reports cohesive and up-to-date
• Plan and orchestrate publicity events (screenings, junkets)
• Cultivate new media contacts and maintain current relationships
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, extremely detailed, an outstanding communicator (written and spoken) and has the ability to work in a collaborative team setting as well as individually.
• 5+ years experience in either an agency or studio setting.
• Passionate about corporate entertainment marketing & public relations
• Expertise and experience in content publicity (film / TV / streaming / social) and has knowledge of various entertainment landscapes
• Strong writer, editor, and proofreader
• Collaborative and entrepreneurial attitude
• Proven ability to multi-task and switch projects as needed
• Willing to work events evenings and weekends as needed
• Willing to travel (domestic and abroad)
R&CPMK is the renowned integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential players in pop culture and some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies. We connect our clients to consumers through the world of entertainment, lifestyle, sports, influence, and popular culture.
We place employee wellbeing as one of our highest priorities, we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. Unlimited PTO, summer Fridays and our Body, Mind, Soul program are here to support employees on their wellbeing journey. We ensure that we find lots of excuses to come together both virtually and in person through our many company events, hosted by our social committee and employee resource groups.
To support your career development, we have a wealth of internal and external learning opportunities. Tuition reimbursement is also available for those that are interested in continued education.
To help you plan for your future we support you with an employer matched 401k contribution, employee stock purchase plan and family building support including; generous paid family leave, fertility and adoption benefits.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmznn6-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.