Our Consumer Brands & Lifestyle team at R&CPMK is excited to add a dynamic Account Manager to support our roster of globally recognized brands. We work within the lifestyle, wellness, and consumer tech markets with a passion for defining culture, changing narratives and creating memorable and impactful moments that resonate. We are a fast-paced team that wears many hats for our clients including media relations, creative strategy, message development and more. In this role there is a heavy emphasis on media relations, so pre-existing relationships within multiple media verticals is a requirement!
We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about media relations and takes pride in maintaining and growing press relationships. Organization is of the utmost importance, along with dedication to team collaboration. If you are a thoughtful problem solver, strong writer with excellent judgement when working with media, team members, and client contacts, then this role may be for you!
The Fine Print:
• Lead day-to-day program execution for multiple clients.
• Develop communications strategies that drive earned attention across consumer & lifestyle media outlets as well in the right ''conversations'' among consumers and influencers across social media.
• Be accountable for developing strategic plans (generally PPT decks) grounded in relevant trends and data, usually including preparation of proposed budget for execution; help ''sell-in'' plans.
• Drive preparation of results reports, work back timelines, media materials, messaging documents and other relevant written items – all to be served up to your manager in client-ready format.
• Lead junior team members, providing quality control and mentorship/training.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with media, clients, and partners
• Secure top-tier earned media placements and identify client-relevant visibility opportunities (e.g., panels, awards programs, editorial profiles, etc.)
• 5+ years of directly related public relations experience within an agency setting.
• Success fostering and maintaining client relationships.
• Experience beyond consumer-facing media with business and marketing trade media is a plus.
• Previous project execution experience that delivers on desired results and within approved budget.
• Confident staffing client calls/meetings and supporting account leadership in overall account management.
• Experience on large corporate business, while also understanding how get ''scrappy'' and scale support to meet needs of mid- and smaller-size clients when needed.
• Comfortable working on integrated pieces of business, serving as a lead ''go to'' for PR POV.
• Ability to multi-task, including handling multiple clients simultaneously.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – strong presenter, excellent writer, AP Style proficient
• Must be strategic and creative in story and program concept development and press outreach.
• Solid grasp of the editorial calendar, current events, pop culture events, seasonal trends and industry events.
R&CPMK is the renowned integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential players in pop culture and some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies. We connect our clients to consumers through the world of entertainment, lifestyle, sports, influence, and popular culture.
We place employee wellbeing as one of our highest priorities, we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. Unlimited PTO, summer Fridays and our Body, Mind, Soul program are here to support employees on their wellbeing journey. We ensure that we find lots of excuses to come together both virtually and in person through our many company events, hosted by our social committee and employee resource groups.
To support your career development, we have a wealth of internal and external learning opportunities. Tuition reimbursement is also available for those that are interested in continued education.
To help you plan for your future we support you with an employer matched 401k contribution, employee stock purchase plan and family building support including; generous paid family leave, fertility and adoption benefits.
Salary: $70,000.00- $80,000.00 annually
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee's/applicant's background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r063pm-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.