Touring Head Carpenter
Long Island City, NY
Rockefeller Productions is a multi-faceted entertainment company that specializes in high quality family entertainment for the stage, screen, and immersive events for domestic and international markets.
Our productions include beloved characters from iconic properties such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Paddington Bear, That Golden Girls Show, Disney’sWinnie the Pooh: The New Musical Stage Adaptation, and Pixar Putt along with several major titles in development.
We are seeking a Touring Wardrobe Supervisor with at least 2 years’ experience for a theatrical US tour launching as soon as Fall 2022. Theatrical touring experience is required. Rockefeller Productions requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
The Wardrobe Supervisor reports to the tour’s Producers and Company Manager, manages all costume/wardrobe aspects on the tour
The Company consists of 15 members. The performance involves 6 x actors/puppeteers, plus 2 touring swings.
This is a non-union contract. Travel will be primarily by bus/van, with potential fly dates, if applicable. The tour’s physical production travels with one 53’ truck and merchandise. Schedule will shift on a weekly basis depending on rehearsal and performance calendar.
Daily per diem and a shared hotel room and provided by the Presenter/Producer.
The Wardrobe Supervisor is responsible for costume maintenance, preshow, and post-show needs for both technical processes and on tour.
They oversee and train any necessary local wardrobe, as needed, during the tour. The Wardrobe Supervisor works intimately with the performers; as such, they should be able to handle issues with discretion, prioritize privacy, and participate in creating a comfortable work environment
· Work with Head Carpenter and Designer to oversee the costume build of the show and preparation for both technical processes and tour
· Oversee Wardrobe load in and strike for each performance, including technical rehearsals· Assist in planning the Wardrobe pack of the truck
· Dress puppeteers for performances, note: there is a puppet wrangler that assists with the puppet dressing
· Assistwith backstage and show transitions, as required
· Responsible for all maintenance and cleaning of costumes – oversee local crew for duties, when applicable, including laundry, preset, spraying and deodorizing, steaming, and pressing, basic repairs, maintenance, and assisting crew in the set-up of dressing rooms
· Develop, coordinate, and implement systems, policies and procedures on both department and show run
· Conduct wardrobe fittings, alterations, and purchases, as needed
· Responsible for keeping costume inventory stocked, including ordering supplies, replacements, as necessary
· Experience with theatrical costume alteration, maintenance, laundry, and repair
· Experience with puppets preferable
· Experience with theatrical touring is required
· Experience working with and supervising local crews under IATSE union regulations
· Valid US Driver’s License Required. Available for a shared drive of company van/vehicle if necessary
· Rockefeller Productions requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
$900-1,000/wk dependent on experience. This position is salary exempt
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92k1k-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $900.00 to $1,000 Per Week ($ USD)
Please email a resume and cover letter to Jobs@RockefellerProductions.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Each application will be reviewed with selected applicants invited to be interviewed.
Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone, Zoom and/or in person.
Rockefeller Productions iscommitted to creating a diverse environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.