Touring Wardrobe Supervisor
Long Island City, NY
Rockefeller Productions is a multi-faceted entertainment company that specializes in high quality family entertainment for the stage, screen, and immersive events for domestic and international markets.
Our productions include beloved characters from iconic properties such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Paddington Bear, That Golden Girls Show, Disney’sWinnie the Pooh: The New Musical Stage Adaptation, and Pixar Putt along with several major titles in development.
We are seeking a Touring Head Carpenter with at least 3 years’ experience for a theatrical US tour launching as soon as Fall 2022. Theatrical touring experience is required. Rockefeller Productions requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
Position includes taking part in shop prep along with the production and design team. Oversee the tour crew while on the road in organizing and implementing load-in, tech, load-out at each venue and maintenance calls. They will personally oversee the scenic load-in/out while coordinating and overseeing the work of all departments.
The Touring Head Carpenter reports to the tour’s Producers, Touring Company Manager and Rockefeller Productions’ Director of Production, manages all technical aspects on the touring production and will serve as the show’s technical representative on tour.
The Company consists of 15 members. The performance involves 6 x actors/puppeteers, plus 2 touring swings/puppet wranglers.
This is a non-union contract. Travel will be primarily by bus/van, with potential fly dates, if applicable. The tour’s physical production travels with one 53’ truck and merchandise. Schedule will shift on a weekly basis depending on rehearsal and performance calendar.
Daily per diem and hotel room provided by the Producer/Presenter while on tour
Rehearsal / Preproduction / Tech:
· Work with Rockefeller Productions’ Director of Production in planning for the implementation of the designs through the construction phases
· Oversee shop prep and interface with production shops during development and prep for the tour, signing off on all technical aspects of the physical production as being tour ready
· Oversee scenic and technical elements during load-in and all edits during tech.
· Review tour venue layouts and equipment, prepare for load-in at each venue
· Review and edit tour’s Technical Rider to keep updated
· Collaborate with Rockefeller Productions’ Director of Production in planning the truck pack for the tour – coordinating needs for scenic, costume, puppets, sound, props, stage management and merch requirements
On the Road:
· Advance tour production and technical requirements with local presenter in advance of arrival and sign off upon arrival that requirements are met. Work with local presenter to solve any issues that may arise
· Manage and all technical responsibilities for the touring Company, includingleading local team in putting up the set and all other technical elements
· Oversee and participate in load in and strike at each venue – ensuring safety, efficiency and maintaining the quality of design execution at each venue
· In conjunction with Stage Manager hold production meetings and give technical/production notes to touring crew
· Oversee Tour Trucking while on the road, interfacing with truck driver(s), vendor, local presenter to ensure that Trucking requirements are met. Including, but not limited to, advancing all requirements with local venues in advance of arrival. Work with trucking company to solve any issues that may arise
· Supervise show road crew/technicians
· Other duties as assigned by the Producers or Director of Production
· Attention to detail
· Basic drafting skills a plus.
· Ability to read technical drawings and layout and adapt as required for the venue
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
· Ability to work calmly under pressure
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Strong organizational and technical skills
· Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
· Experience with theatrical touring is required
· Carpentry, technical direction, and production management experience is required.
· Experience working with and supervising local crews under IATSE union regulations
· Valid US Driver’s License Required. Available for a shared drive of company van/vehicle if necessary
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Rockefeller Productions requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated, and boosted against COVID -19
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwy50-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $1,400 to $1,400 Per Week ($ USD)
$1,400/wk depending on experience
The position is overtime exempt.
Please email a resume and cover letter. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Each application will be reviewed with selected applicants invited to be interviewed.
Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone, Zoom and/or in person.
Rockefeller Productions iscommitted to creating a diverse environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.