Lead Ticketing & Sales Manager
Remote / Virtual
We are looking for a detailed-oriented Executive Producer / General Manager with a proactive approach to focus on logistics and financial planning for a diverse slate of projects that cover multiple departments. You must have a firm understanding of the entertainment industry: either in film, theatre, advertising or live events (a wealth of knowledge and hands-on experience is paramount).
This is a nimble, fast-moving efficient company filled with highly-skilled team players. As an experienced general manager, you’re a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, with a high level of accuracy, and accountability over projects. We are looking for innovators and smart-thinkers who can hone in on issues, and enthusiastically guide and support and enable a genuinely passionate and talented creative team flourish.
Due to the nature of the business (including live events and international productions), flexibility is essential and is absolutely required. This is not an ordinary 9-5 work from home job. You will be liaising with our international partners around the world in different time zones, and your work adjustable schedule will require often working during the weekend. Your work environment will change as the project requires: between home, office, on and off-site meetings, travel domestically and internationally as required.
· Work with team members to ensure detailed budgets and recoupment schedules are in place for all live shows to include self-presented and touring productions, film/television projects and immersive events
· Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing projects from a helicopter perspective, establish a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovating approaches for improvement
· Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
· Develop and maintain efficient processes and procedures including quality control
· Lead the producing team – ensure that the right team is put in place for each individual project, issue spotting and resolving before things before they become an issue
· Ensure that the company and its subsidiaries are compliant with all filings (sales tax, insurance etc) partnering with Head of Finance
· Monitor company-wide expenditures across all departments and initiatives
· Assign tasks to development, production and business teams and ensure there is a seamless flow of information between them
· Be the flag-bearer of our company values and ensure our operational procedures are followed
· Forecast financial projections for upcoming productions or events
· Participate in the creation of timelines for projects and maintain those schedules with internal and external stakeholders
· Build and maintain strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders
· Ensuring seamless communications across the separate divisions and conflict resolution where applicable
· Generate and issue contracts for external vendors, internal new hires and members of production teams
· A successful candidate must be a big picture thinker with a keen understanding of the daily operations of an entertainment company and the life-cycle of production from conception to closing (theatre/live events) or broadcast
· Experience with logistics and financial planning with an emphasis on risk management
· Strong (and effective) negotiation and interpersonal communication skills to interact in person, telephone, Zoom andvia email
· Be highly connected with your own rolodex of professionals and organizations that can assist the company achieve its objectives
· Ability to work independently yet be collaborative and engaged with all other employees
· The ability to adapt, embrace and lead change
· Demonstrated, broad based management experience in the entertainment industry
· A firm understanding of the entertainment industry: either in film, theatre, advertising or live events
Competitive salary plus benefits package.
Salary will be reviewed after probation period ends at the end of six months.
· Must be fully vaccinated and be willing to travel both domestically and internationally if/when required.
Flexible work environment between the office, home and on location; but must be in attendance on site, and at the office during collaborative sessions and meetings as required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e3wp-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Please email a resume and cover letter
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Each application will be reviewed with selected applicants invited to be interviewed.
Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone or Zoom.
An offer will be made when a viable candidate is found for an immediate start.
If you stand out, you will probably fit right in.
The Rockefeller Company of New York is the parent company of Rockefeller Productions and Rockefeller Studios. Collectively, they form a multi-faceted entertainment company that specializes in high quality family entertainment for the stage, screen, and immersive events in domestic and international markets.
On the stage, our productions include beloved characters from iconic properties such as Disney’sWinnie the Pooh: The New Musical Stage Adaptation, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Paddington Bear, That Golden Girls Show, along with several major titles in development. Our immersive events include Pixar Putt, and Lego exhibitions. On the screen, our productions include short films, animations, commissioned broadcast specials, Youtube series, commercials, and features in development