Los Angeles, CA
Title: VP, Publishing
Location: LA, or NYC Office (In-Person)
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world's preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment-with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world's most recognizable names: from Rihanna, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Kyrie Irving, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We've forged strong partnerships with the world's leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
A leader. Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation is seeking a VP, Publishing, located in LA or NYC- we are open to location for the right person. This role will identify, negotiate and close partnership deals with other premium publishers; leveraging inventory, content, data, social, live streaming and other innovative products. The ideal candidate has experience managing the entire publishing process from initial conversations to onboarding of partner working with other internal stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to join an industry leading, fast-paced organization sitting at the epicenter of the music business.
• Managing the current roster of artists and continuing to foster the relationship
• Drive development of partnerships
• Work with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment
• Manage the entire process – initial outreach, negotiation, contract processing, onboarding, and ongoing management of partnerships
• Keep active pipeline of prospects
• Report to the CEO, to build out the publishing department; working with the 2 co- label heads of Roc Nation Records (1 in NY and 1 in LA)
• Business and legal affairs management in the U.S. and globally; dealing with internal legal team
• Manage agreements, contracts, deal structures and joint ventures
• Oversee the workflow and management of payments to creatives
• Keep abreast if industry trends to offer up innovative ideas
• Capable of handling increased growth and responsibility
• BA or BS preferred
• Great interpersonal skills to handle multiple personality types
• 10+ years of music publishing experience
• Proven track record of successful deals
• Knowledge of synchronization for TV, Movies, advertising, and all forms of media
• Acumen in managing royalties and copyrights
• Ability to determine and maintain accurate actuals
• Strong knowledge of digital marketplace
• Active network of publisher contacts
• Excellent communicator with persuasive presentation and influence-able skills
• Ability to communicate collaboratively in order to interface with artists, writers, producers, creatives, and representation
• Disciplined, well-organized, efficient and high-quality work output
• Self-starter who thrives on innovation and driving ideas forward; not afraid to roll sleeves up and get hands dirty
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with extreme attention to detail
• Ability to build out a team
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.