Title: Student Ambassador Supervisor, UJC Summit
Location: New York, NY (On-Site)
Roc Nation's social justice and philanthropic division is seeking candidates to supervise our Student State Ambassador Program for the next United Justice Coalition (UJC) Summit in New York City. The UJC Summit Student State Ambassador Program was created by Team Roc and the United Justice Coalition to recruit young adults who are passionate about social justice to spread the word about the UJC Summit and uplift student voices. Student Ambassadors will be an integral part of the success of the 2023 UJC Summit by ensuring nationwide participation among multiple stakeholders including students, public officials, social justice organizations, activists and more, in addition to recommending program content that will be engaging for youth across the country.
As a supervisor, you will work closely with the Student State Ambassadors to develop and implement effective marketing strategies, provide guidance and support as they recommend program content, monitor the progress of their outreach efforts, and create a culture of excitement around the Summit!
Training & Development
• Develop and implement defined goals for targeted outreach efforts for the UJC Summit 2023
• Develop and conduct training sessions to prepare Student State Ambassadors for their roles, ensuring that they have the knowledge, skills, and resources they need to effectively engage with stakeholders and recommend program content
• Work with the Student State Ambassadors to develop effective outreach strategies that attract multiple stakeholders, including students, public officials, social justice organizations, activists, and more
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the Student Ambassadors, providing guidance, support, and regular feedback on their outreach efforts
• Assist with the coordination of special events (including, but not limited to guest speaker series)
Digital Marketing + Promotions
• Collaborate with the UJC Summit planning and Digital teams to ensure that all outreach efforts are aligned with the event's branding and messaging guidelines
• Develop and implement a media outreach strategy to engage outlets and ensure that the Summit is covered in relevant publications, broadcasts, and online platforms
Content and Program Development
• Oversee research on social justice organizations and their impact, ensuring that the research is thorough, accurate, and up-to-date
• Effectively communicate with Student Ambassadors and Team Roc to develop content that is relevant and engaging to students
Data Tracking + Reporting
• Generate regular reports on the progress of the Student Ambassadors and track outreach efforts, including contacts made, meetings scheduled, digital assets posted, and in-person events attended
• Provide recommendations for how to improve the effectiveness of the UJC Summit marketing strategy
• Work with Team Roc to ensure that the Student Ambassador program aligns with the overall goals of the Summit
• Other duties as assigned and as needed for the project
• Must have at least 2 years of experience working with young adults or college students.
• Must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
• Bilingual Proficiency and/or Spanish Speaking skills a plus
• Computer proficiency with MS Office products and Google Suite
• Experience managing and navigating social media communications
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to connect with various constituencies
• Strong ability to work independently as well as within and across teams in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
• Flexible with changing priorities and multi-tasking while maintaining a positive, optimistic attitude and demeanor
• Share an authentic passion for cause-driven work
• This is a paid, full-time (40 hours per week) position ($15 per hour) for the summer semester, which runs from May 31st - August 11th, and the fall semester, which runs from September 11th - November 8th.
• To apply, submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe a cause you are passionate about and why you are interested in becoming a supervisor, as well as which semester you are applying for.
• Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
About the United Justice Coalition and Team Roc
The United Justice Coalition (UJC) is a charitable organization that works across disciplines to raise awareness around key social justice issues and the need for criminal justice reform.
The group is made up of an esteemed array of expert advisors that come together to strategically share resources, information, and ideas to address systemic injustice across America and unify communities.
Team Roc is a founding member of the UJC, as well as the philanthropic and social impact division of Roc Nation. We work to advance the fight for justice, social good, and impact - locally, nationally, and globally, and we collaborate with partners across all industries to effect positive change in communities most harmed by inequity and systemic racism.
The first UJC Summit: Social Justice Convention was held on July 23, 2022. See here for last year's Summit video recap! The 2023 UJC Summit will be held on December 1, 2023 and will feature keynote speakers, panel discussions, social justice organizations, networking opportunities, and more!
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54jj3-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.