Position: Director of Streaming & Playlist Strategy
Reports to: Co-President, Record Label
Location: Roc Nation, LA Office (In-Person)
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world's preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment-with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world's most recognizable names: from Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We've forged strong partnerships with the world's leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Roc Nation, a Live Nation joint venture, is seeking a Director of Streaming & Playlist Strategy. This role will play a key role in pitching and securing our artists' visibility and repertoire across the Commercial space. This role will create effective streaming marketing campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery and streaming growth. The ideal candidate will live and breathe the editorial playlist ecosystem and communicate regularly with our partners so that our labels, artists, and repertoire are top of mind for all opportunities.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships and work specifically with DSP/Streaming service programmers (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Amazon, Pandora, Tidal, etc.) to drive storytelling and strategy while collaborating with the corresponding account lead by utilizing plot, marketing, cultural capital, and data to deliver on targets/goals/plans while supporting/supplying necessary asset collection and pitch administration
• Work with both label and commercial partners to develop a strategy and deliver necessary assets for the best go-to-market approach while being available for meetings to provide performance recaps using internal dashboards and data tools. This insight will help formulate your advice, strategy, and weekly reporting.
• Query and speak to specific data points meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations, using these insights to determine your strategic next steps in growing a record across streaming services. Managing a weekly priority focus list and immersing yourself in the user behavior and consumer data.
• Understand the demographics that comprise the streaming partners' playlist hypothesis and artists' fan bases, and, based on the timeline and information provided, regularly develop and communicate playlist targets and streaming goals.
• Help develop and foster a variety of marketing tools and communications targeted inside and outside the organization to ensure all priority content, assets, and drivers surfaced to contacts in a consistent, near real-time manner.
• Seek, secure, and ensure execution of promotional opportunities within the scope of opportunity, including partner-led content capture activations or launch events
• Work in concert with the marketing and social media teams, help develop account partner currency in the form of social media tagging, playlisting, and various other uses of partner platforms and toolkits to support artist partnership
• Must know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist within the scene's culture, conveying what is meaningful for account relations and benchmarking artist/manager expectations.
• Create and drive weekly updates for all partners, highlighting playlist adds, growth areas, and priority releases opportunities. Also working with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise/meaningful updates for the commercial team.
• Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our releases. Also, work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners' profiles
• 6+ years of music industry experience with an emphasis on streaming, consumer-driven sales, promotion, or marketing
• Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns, including pitching proposals for prospective clients
• Must be familiar with/able to navigate partner dashboards and adapt to numerous data tools, with the ability to understand user behavior through data
• Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current & forthcoming cultural, musical, sub-genre trends
• Ability to act as a leader and advocate for the genre across multiple departments, including but not limited to A&R, Digital, Finance, International, Legal, Marketing, Promotion, and Commercial, daily
• An impeccable ability to build and maintain many relationships across the industry, with a 'partner first' mindset
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results, and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
• Must have a solid understanding of the streaming landscape and how to optimize the content across the platforms
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport
The Covid-19 vaccine is required for this role, subject to limited exemptions.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33oj5-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.