Vice Media Group
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?:
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, and creative Photo Editor, to contribute to a fast-paced photo department on the research team. This position will work closely with the Senior Photo Editor, Research and the Senior Executive Director, Photo & Design to help with photo research and stock image production across verticals from fashion, beauty, fitness, luxury, etc.
• Work closely with the editorial team to illustrate various stories across the site for categories ranging from Entertainment, Beauty, Fashion, to Global News
• Vast knowledge of photo agencies and pricing structures as well as licensing terms
• Well versed in Photoshop and retouching techniques such as color correcting, silhouetting, layer masking, image sizing, and attention to fine details
• Manage R29 stock needs across every editorial category as well as assist in managing production deadlines and shoot schedules
• Manage production on low touch R29 stock shoots
• Manage production on larger scale stock shoots
• Ensure that editors are adhering to proper photo research processes across all categories
• Manage and update all contracts in contract management system
• Have an extensive grasp on the R29 stock archive
• Must have a positive and engaging work ethic, positive attitude when being forward facing with superiors and coworkers.
What you have:
• 4+ years of experience as a photo editor in an editorial or advertising photo department
• Knowledge of photo agencies and pricing structures as well as licensing terms
• Extensive Photoshop and retouching abilities, such as color correcting, silhouetting, layer masking, and image sizing
• On set experience providing art direction
• Quick thinking and resourceful; with the capability to prioritize and be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turn-around times
• Excellent communication skills, extremely organized and collaborative • Urge to push boundaries and be a thought leader
• Must have a positive and engaging work ethic
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5qez-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.