Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, and creative Photo Editor to contribute to a fast-paced photo department. This position will work closely with the Senior Executive Director, Photo & Design to lead image production across verticals from fashion, beauty, entertainment, etc. for both editorial and branded projects.
• Concepting and presenting creative treatments
• Assembling creative teams for photo shoots, including photographers, hair, makeup, and stylists
• Coordinating shoot timelines and communicating with all, including talent
• Securing locations
• Art directing photo shoots on set and handling image selection in post
• Tracking and reconciling budgets
• Resizing images for web • Compiling photo credits
• Developing and maintaining relationships with upcoming photographers who are on the rise as part of the Refinery29 ethos to be a platform for fresh and emerging talent
• Deeply understand our mission and values, ensuring they translate into actionable practices employed by the entire photo team
• Serve as a brand & photography ambassador to the creative community, championing R29 photo work internally and externally while growing our network • Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
• 3+ years of experience as a photo editor in an editorial or advertising photo department
• A photo editing background that includes fashion editorial is required
• On set experience providing art direction (preferably including experience with celebrity and/or client facing projects)
• Proactive problem solver and great collaborator
• Relationships with creatives throughout the photo industry
• Understanding of photography and shoot production across a range of executions
• Ability to craft an opportunity to its highest potential, regardless of budget, with a dedication to excellence
• The ability to be an example of positive change: experimenting to improve on ideas, concepts, and processes to make creative work stronger
To be successful here you are:
• Comfortable working with a fast-paced team
• Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
• Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
• Passionate about responsible representation and creating purpose-driven work
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezeq0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.