Platforms & Social Editor - Digital
London, United Kingdom
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment brand focused on women. It is a part of Vice Media Group, which has a global audience footprint of 380 million across all platforms. Through on-site articles, features, and essays, plus original video programming, social media, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 US, Canada, UK, and Germany for more information.
About the Job
Working closely with Unbothered's leadership in the US, the UK Editor, Unbothered will be responsible for the day-to-day content operations of Unbothered on the UK site. You will be intimately familiar with and passionate about issues affecting Black millennial and Gen Z women, an expert on Black culture and news, and will have a distinctive voice. The person in this role will be responsible for growing the brand's profile and position in the UK media industry.
What you'll do:
• Lead Unbothered in the UK. Working closely with the Unbothered's US team you will conceptualise, pitch and execute forward thinking daily content and programming that includes sharp, shareable, landscape-leading conversations that work across editorial and social platforms. We are looking for an all-rounder who is comfortable covering everything from politics to beauty, as well as identifying UK trends, influential tastemakers, and conversations that affect Black women today.
• Commission and edit our network of writers who pitch to Unbothered.
• Work with the content strategy, social media, and audience development teams to support editorial calendar creation, and ensure the section meets monthly production and traffic goals.
• Work closely with partnering brands to help create the most innovative brand work in the business. Occasionally attend brand meetings.
• Represent Unbothered at events and panels where necessary.
• Be comfortable in front of a camera, occasionally appearing in podcasts, videos and shoots.
What you have:
• Big ideas!
• 2+ years relevant experience at editor level at a publication or digital media company.
• Clear understanding of SEO and audience development strategies and best practices.
• Adept with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Asana, Wordpress, etc.
• A positive, proactive, collaborative mindset, and drive to push content to the next level.
• Some off-platform and social experience is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiar with the Unbothered brand and audience.
To be successful here you are:
• Comfortable working as part of a fast-paced, high volume team
• Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
• Inspired to push boundaries
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnnb1-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.