Visual Design Artist
Los Angeles, CA
The Lead Producer is responsible for managing the resources necessary for RCA to deliver a high quantity of artwork and ensure the quality of artwork produced. Working directly with the Art Directors, they will manage the production of photo shoots, allowing the Art Director to work on the creative portion of the shoot, as well as eliminating the costs associated with paying an outside producer that would have been hired by a photographer. Their role will include photo shoot planning, facilitating a smooth shoot day, managing post-production and retouching through to final delivery, and also manage budgets, scheduling, bookings, shot list development, crew/talent negotiations, and asset delivery. They will also produce video/motion content at the photo shoots to escalate the amount of content deliverables. They will also provide a consistent method of photo shoot production providing a streamlined way of working on photo shoots. Since coverage and availability obstacles continues to grow, They may also take on a Photo Director role on a photo shoot set if an Art Director is unable to attend due to workload or scheduling. They will assume administrative duties that include researching and licensing images and handling payments to vendors. Additionally, they will manage the hiring of freelance designers and their payments. They will facilitate the accounting associated with the freelance designers and their costs to the overhead. Finally, they will help to reimagine a workflow to encourage and move toward group compliance with company mandated procedures, including file storage obstacles and maximizing shoot archiving searchability with keywords.
What you'll do:
• Manage production of photo shoots for the art directors, which includes recommending and contacting photographers, stylists, hair, makeup, etc. to find availability and book appropriate teams.
• Direct on-set production while maintaining a high level of client interface.
• Negotiate vendor fees and rates within the constraints of the budgets provided by the Label.
• Negotiate artwork usage, which includes contract type, region, duration, and merchandising fee options, all if applicable.
• Manage and route art budgets, and reconcile costs upon project completion.
• Issue advance payments.
• Manage in-house freelancers and their payments, and accounting of freelancers for label.
• Work closely with finance and operations teams to provide production and freelance budget management reports.
• Oversee design administration for photo shoots, including vendor set-ups, invoice payments, and issuing artwork agreements.
• Handle departmental photo research.
• Provide additional support to senior management for smooth operation of the department, and supporting admin staff when shortage occurs.
• Work closely with art director/digital teams for problem solving and logistical challenges.
• Archiving Maintenance for photo shoots, including enhancing metadata like Keywords to make assets more search friendly.
• Video/Motion Content Production to maximize shoot deliverables most cost effectively. This includes Time Maintenance as shoot needs increase even though budgets and availabilities may not.
• Function as on set Photo Director if an Art Director is unable to attend a shoot.
• Participating in reimagining a Workflow for the department, and help transition the staff into company mandated modes, applications, and archiving initiatives.
Who you are:
• 7-10 years of experience within a photography/entertainment industry.
• Proficient in Creative Suite, Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Able to communicate effectively and work in a fast-paced environment.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess