Pluto TV, a Paramount (formerly ViacomCBS) Streaming company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series.
Paramount (formerly ViacomCBS) Streaming creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities
Data plays a central role at Pluto TV, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be collaborating with Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Product, and Development teams to create and implement scalable measurement solutions that power business decisions that are built upon a foundation of data integrity.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. Candidates will develop expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess good technical acumen, superb communication skills, a customer-service mentality, and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
Pluto TV is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with strong analytics implementation skills, technical capability, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
• Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app, and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and Smart TVs.
• Play a critical role in the enablement of meaningful designed analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
• Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as designed.
• Communicate optimally to end users of the analytics platform how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
• Work independently or with minimal supervision on time-sensitive and business-critical projects
• Ensure that third party tracking such as comScore and Nielsen are validated for each release.
• Create and analyze reports that validate data is populating correctly.
• Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations.
• Create and maintain documentation such as data inventories to assist users with reports.
• Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
• Creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions.
• Easily communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects.
• Partner with multiple clients to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases.
• Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
• Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment.
• Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
• Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.
• Effectively communicate the impact and correct prioritization of tracking bugs, enhancements, and issues.
• Build effective and mutually beneficial relationships with all clients, partners, vendors, and developers.
• Manage releases and ensure successful tracking implementation and QA testing.
• Bachelor's degree (STEM field preferred but not required)
• Basic knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics / Google Analytics) and/or tag management tools (e.g. Tealium, Ensighten, Google Tag Manager).
• Will be highly autonomous, self-starter, high energy, positive attitude with good organization and time management skills
• Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask simultaneous different projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Curiosity and keen interest in continual learning & improvement
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience in analytics or equivalent experience (no minimum with advanced degree)
• Experience with one or more of the following: data analytics data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data visualization, data privacy
• Experience with a coding language.
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• Excellent technical leadership, project management, analytical problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience developing solutions for tag deployment through tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch).
• Some hands-on experience and implementation expertise with Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture Site Catalyst) tool or similar analytics platform.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e31j-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.