Full Time Job
Video Architect, Streaming Services
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
Job DescriptionWith bold goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As the Video Integration Architect you will help define and build the core systems that power PlutoTV's video transcoding, packaging and playout infrastructure for Free, Ad-Supported linear and VOD OTT streaming.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you.
• Being able to effectively speak to Pluto TV's Video, Content, Revenue and Application teams and collaborate with the teams on projects that support Pluto's video services.
• Architecting systems that span multiple disciplines and teams within the engineering organization.
• Building proof of concept and prototype for new technologies and features in OTT streaming
• Using all existing tools and recommending new tools to review system status and preempting problems
• Managing forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
• Influencing architectural decisions based on product requirements, high availability, massive scale, industry trends, quality metrics and emerging technologies such as new A/V codecs, stream packaging, and streaming protocols.
• Document and present design decisions to your peers.
• Developing and maintaining a healthy, working relationship across all PlutoTV engineering and product teams
• Collaborate with the Video Playout and Transcoding software development teams to contribute with production-ready code.
• At least 10 years of commercial experience developing highly reliable software services that handle billions of daily transactions.
• At least 5 years experience with video operations workflows, including working knowledge of ffmpeg and/or GStreamer
• At least 5 years of experience with video streaming protocols HLS and MPEG-DASH and server side ad insertion (SSAI)
• At least 5 years of experience dealing with video players on multiple platforms such as iOS, ExoPlayer, Roku, video.js and hls.js
• At least 3 years of experience working with DRM standards FairPlay, WideVine and PlayReady
• At least 3 years experience in Transport Stream, MP4 and CMAF file formats
• Working knowledge of industry standard H.264, HEVC, AAC, AC-3 A/V codecs
• Working knowledge of industry measurement and validation processes for linear OTT and VOD video
• At least 3 years developing services in one of GoLang, NodeJS is preferable
• At least 3 years familiarity with Cloud technologies and platforms such as Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure
• Working knowledge of at least one of Loggly, Splunk, CloudWatch, Prometheus or similar
• Passion for Product Process and Innovation: Passionate about being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
• Strong documentation skills: ability to create compelling, meticulous documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.
#LI - NS1
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo7y0-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.