Brand Strategy & Operations Lead
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a visionary brand leader to help us tell the next chapter of our Pluto TV story and inspire millions more viewers to join our fast-growing world of Free TV.
The VP Brand will oversee brand strategy, consumer brand campaigns, and year-round brand management for Pluto TV. You will lead a growing brand team and work with partners internally and externally to drive brand awareness, incremental user growth and engagement, and ensure the long-term success of our business. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Marketing.
• This is a dynamic leadership role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Brand Strategy: Ownership of brand positioning and messaging, and an overall strategy for brand-driven growth, in partnership with Insights, Creative, and other teams.
• Brand Team Leadership: Manage and inspire a growing brand team to meet ambitious goals. Define team structure, hiring priorities, and agency needs to deliver against a core scope of work and continually innovate the brand function.
• Brand Campaigns: Oversee end-to-end development of integrated consumer brand campaigns across TV, CTV, OOH, Digital and Social media, partnering with the Pluto TV in-house Creative Studio and external agencies to deliver a variety of assets.
• Brand Management: Partner with Product and Distribution teams to ensure our brand shows up consistently across the viewer experience, including Web, Mobile and Connected TV platforms, and 40+ streaming device partners.
• Brand Marketing Operations: Own the brand marketing budget and translate strategies into detailed budget and resource plans, working closely with Finance to update forecasts and report actuals on a quarterly basis.
• KPI Tracking, Analysis & Reporting: In partnership with Consumer Insights and Business Intelligence, lead a program of brand tracking, research and campaign analysis, reporting out achievements and performance.
• 12+ years of experience in brand marketing, preferably a mix of agency and in-house roles, with at least 4 years of experience managing a team of brand marketers.
• Strategic brand thought-leader and storyteller, able to see the big picture, propose innovative solutions to complex problems, and articulate clear goals, insights, plans and achievements to a senior exec audience.
• Deep experience with integrated brand campaign planning and creative execution, including TV, OOH, digital and social media. Experience leading tech and entertainment masterbrand/platform campaigns is preferred.
• Expertise in brand tracking, qual and quant research, creative testing, campaign analysis, and leading a roadmap of insights-driven brand marketing.
• Master planner, able to translate strategic goals into year-round tactical plans.
• Detail and deadline-oriented. Able to work efficiently and react quickly to change.