Technical Program Manager - Native Apps, Android
Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Paramount company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Paramount creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise, and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Paramount and its businesses keep up with Paramount news by following us on Twitter, Facebook , and LinkedIn
Are you a hardworking agile program manager looking to join a rapidly-expanding PMO? We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills, experience in agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization.
Individuals should be highly skilled Agile program management professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and extraordinary communicators, with a passion for servant-leadership. Your primary responsibility will be serving as the scrum master for our product design team / lean UX center of excellence. We are seeking self-motivated agile program managers with a strong sense of accountability and commitment.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Leading day-to-day agile ceremonies, tracking team health with agile metrics, and coaching teams in relentless improvement.
• Drive cross-team communication and transparency by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to the larger organization.
• Participate in quarterly big-room planning, coordinate with the rest of the PMO to account for cross-team dependencies, and coach teams towards responsible quarterly commitments.
• Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
• Work as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to cultivate healthy and productive working relationships.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Champion the adoption of agile within your teams and across the organization, and establish processes and practices to scale the effectiveness and value of the team.
• You will help the broader team reinforce customer empathy, build long-term strategies and roadmaps, establish feedback and learning loops, and measure outcomes.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• Min of 2 years experience as an agile project manager/scrum master in a technical environment or design operations.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification required. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended.
• Solid understanding of agile software development methodologies, with demonstrated success driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Experience working as part of a larger PMO to deliver complex solutions, working through an agile process to call out issues, remove impediments, and manage risks.
• Experience working with product on design reviews to understand the next steps, identify blockers and a course of action to remove them so the design process can proceed
• Understand and plan for team capacity, and work outside of the design team to set expectations for deliverables given that capacity
• Work alongside designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and operate fluently across business units to manage business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design, Information Technology, or relevant experience.
• Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack
• Familiarity with Figma and design system management principles.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6x1j8-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.