ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount+, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Overview & Responsibilities
Our team at CBS.com is responsible for servicing CBS's premiere online content around the world! We're home to best-in-class original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight) via our streaming service Paramount+. We also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy television hits such as Late Night with Stephen Colbert and Survivor, etc.
• Design, build and support high performance, scalable and innovative frontend components
• Partner with our central video engineering teams to build, integrate and deploy high performance video players
• Collaborate with our internal and external partners to develop, debug and deploy video delivery applications
• Help build a culture of good engineering processes and practices
• Work closely with fellow engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines
• Work in all phases of software development
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Develop modular video delivery applications for Smart TVs
• Design and develop video integration, Proof of Concept and feature tests for Smart TV, Set Top Boxes, OTT devices.
• Develop and build testing tools for internal team needs as well as wider organization
• 5+ years of experience with web application development in Agile environments
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures and algorithms
• Keen understanding of web application development and standard methodologies
• Savvy with HTML DOM and Event APIs
• Solid knowledge of Gulp, NPM, Webpack and/or Rollup, Babel and Git
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Experience with OTT, Chromecast application development
• Working knowledge of Docker, Jenkins and CI tools
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w631-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.