Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Paramount creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
The Sr. Director of Production Operation is responsible for acting as liaison between the Marketing department and its internal and external clients and oversee the logistics of taking a request from ideation to final delivery. The Sr. Director's key responsibilities include overseeing production of all Brand, Design and Creative requests, managing budgets, schedules, as well as, dealing with technical needs of the department while maintaining internal and external vendor relations. Will be required to gather status updates from internal Creative team and share with senior team. Full understanding of production deadlines and the effects of any delays will cause required deadlines and budgets is a must. Comfortable raising flags of any issues. The Sr. Director of Operation is the central contact for the Creative Team of Creative Directors, Supervision Producers, Writer/Producers, Designers, Social Producers, Brand and Content teams and the gatekeeper for keeping all teams up to date on project updates. We are looking for a supervisor who has experience building and managing internal calendar of all current and future work. Reporting to the SVP of Production Operations, you will need to work with Marketing team and be able to juggle and prioritize the needs of Creative Marketing, Brand, Content and Design teams and keep projects on track.
What you'll be doing daily is work cross functional and partner with the creative team as they plan the roadmap to enable the creative execution of all marketing projects. You will be asked to help improve the team collaboration, cross-functional excellence and continuously work to find efficiencies.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Act as point person and be liaison for all Creative Directors, Producers, Designers, Editors and Coordinators when there are questions and concerns about pitches, projects and approvals, issues, concerns, and meetings.
• Responsible for working with all Producers to create and maintain an internal calendar that will make sure all Sr. Staff understands all milestones of current and upcoming work. Work with Producers to manage project schedules with internal stakeholders and at times external clients.
• Successfully negotiate and resolve creative, scheduling, and budgetary conflicts.
• Skilled note taker and able to write up recaps with action points
• Responsible for managing and communicating feedback in a constructive & productive manner.
• Full understanding of project management as well as production.
• Schedule project kickoff meetings, weekly project meetings and post-project debriefing meetings. Communicate next steps when necessary post-meeting.
• Create project estimates and update budget sheets weekly. Create and confirm POs and approve invoices and timesheets as needed. Work with Marketing Finance team to pull cost reports to confirm that expenses are actualized and follow up on discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Source new vendors when needed and maintain relationships with current vendors.
• Negotiate the best rates for jobs and create deal memos for contracts.
• Troubleshoot situations that occur during project development and production.
• Route creative to internal staff, department heads, clients and legal/standards for approval and feedback.
• Review projects during all phases of production to guarantee that the quality of the final products adheres to network standards.
• Develop and maintain schedules for all assigned projects.
• Create master internal calendars and assignment grids
• Work with Producers to make sure that all approvals are handled to meet required deadlines
• Confirm team members have all feedback needed for producing and completing projects.
• Receive feedback and properly distribute to team.
• A self-starter with a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in Project Management/ Creative Marketing who is highly organized and able to take direction.
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure and handle numerous projects simultaneously while being flexible in the face of changing priorities and deadlines.
• Keen understanding of creative process, including editing practices and workflows.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Will need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills and Experience with task management software, file management software and Google's suite of tools.
• Must be willing to learn and adapt to new systems.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more! Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62v20-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.