Senior Program Manager, Video Engineering/ DRM
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The DevOps engineering role for the Pluto TV Team is responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure as code, configuration management, performance monitoring, database management, and deploying applications on a large-scale consumer video platform.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Design and develop infrastructure as code to build performant systems to support the video platform
• Database and configuration management including backup and recovery processes.
• Deep troubleshooting related to failures, performance and networking including root cause analysis and building fault-tolerant systems
• Manage the full lifecycle of infrastructure and change management including off-hours maintenances when needed
• Evaluate DevOps tools and software to determine best-in-class solutions
• Resolve technical and user problems
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be
successful in the role:
• Extensive experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a microservice architecture
• Extensive experience working with Linux and solid grasp of fundamentals
• 3+ years of experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform (preferred), Ansible, Chef, Salt or Puppet
• 2+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines building Java and NodeJS based applications
• 2+ years of DevOps experience for large scale web hosted consumer services
• Extensive experience with vpc networking, compute infrastructure, architecting, developing, and maintaining distributed microservice based infrastructure.
• Experience working in a large-scale infrastructure at a rapid pace
• Experience with technologies and systems such as: Mongo, ACQ, Beanstalk, etc
• Experience owning the products and solutions you create. You will be responsible for maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Ideal candidate will have experience with service meshes such as Istio and LinkerD
• Ideal candidate will have experience with monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana) and logging (ELK/EFK)
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.