Product Manager, Discovery, Consumer Product
West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV's testing infrastructure and perform tests to examine and validate large-scale content operations and releases. As an STE, you partner with content editors and streaming operations to ensure PlutoTV content is operational for new channel launches. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide guidance on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
• Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
• Thorough understanding of localization testing and boundary conditions related to geo/market testing considerations
• Ensuring that content streams are working as well as all ancillary metadata that goes along with the content
• Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
• Performing ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing.
• Executing rigorous testing cycles against product/platform releases (OTT, Native Apps, Web, Connected TVs)
• Localization testing experience
• Native applications / OTT / CTV Platforms functional testing experience
• Formal testing experience from planning to execution
• Automation experience using Java frameworks
• 3+ years of experience testing applications in various geographic markets
• 3+ years of experience in localization testing that includes language translations, market segments, localized content.
• 3+ years of testing experience on OTTor native applications platforms
• 3+ years of experience as a test engineer within an Agile environment
• 3+ years of experience in a functional testing role
• Experience in Video Content Delivery Experience, a big plus
• Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
• Working experience with common automation frameworks (in Java), a big plus
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.