West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
Pluto TV's UX and Product Design team is currently looking for a Senior UX Designer to join the team. The Senior UX Designer will be leading the design of features for various platforms that host the Pluto TV service in order to improve user engagement and retention.
The role will report to the Senior Director of Product Design.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Leading the design of cross-platform features while partnering with platform specific teams for implementation and iterative improvements.
• Breaking down complex problems to find discrete and meaningful solutions required for our agile product organization.
• Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process, in person and asynchronously, through wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes, and task tracking tools.
• Making evidence-based arguments for problem definitions and solutions.
• Informing success metrics for design solutions.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least 5 years of commercial product designer experience as part of a design team with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating with product and design teams to solve complex problems.
• Ability to effectively define and delegate tasks to UI designers.
• Experience with collaborative Lean UX frameworks.
• Experience crafting and synthesizing unmoderated usability tests.
• Demonstrated success using design systems across multiple platforms.
• Record of influencing successful high-profile, highly-visible information architecture decisions.
• Experience making significant contributions crafting multivariate tests to inform or validate features.
• Proficient with Qualitative and Quantitative User Data.