Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Are you a hardworking, self-motivated, organized, agile Program Manager looking to join a rapidly-expanding PMO? We, at Pluto TV, are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager with strong technical skills, experience in agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization. This role can be based in West Hollywood, CA or San Francisco, CA as a hybrid role, or you can be 100% remote.
Individuals should be highly skilled Agile program management professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and outstanding communicators, with a passion for servant-leadership. Your primary responsibility will be providing program management support to the Architecture team and potentially serving as the technical program manager for various initiatives where you'll be partnering closely with Streaming Technology collaborators across multiple teams and divisions. We are seeking a program management leader with Agile knowledge and skills, a strong sense of accountability and commitment with a keen eye for continuous improvement. Ideally, you will be very comfortable with supporting and/or driving evolving processes, intricate initiatives, and you won't be intimidated by a complex technical stack.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
-Leading projects / programs that span multiple departments with various partners to ensure teams are achieving their commitments.
-Driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
-Participate in quarterly big-room planning, coordinate with the rest of the PMO to account for cross-team dependencies, and coach teams towards responsible quarterly commitments.
-Supporting cross-team communication and transparency by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to the larger organization.
-Actively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
-Being a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to cultivate healthy and productive working relationships.
-Championing the adoption of Agile within your teams and across the organization.
-Coach the team as needed to re-inforce self-organizing principles in their pursuit to become high performing teams.
-Actively collaborating with teams on relentlessly improving.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• 5+ years' experience in Agile program management with some experience leading a team
• Experience managing competing priorities, negotiating compromises, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
• Solid understanding of agile methodologies, with demonstrated success driving teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Experience coaching and mentoring engineers, product managers, testers, and other program managers
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and implement ideas in a fast-paced creative environment.
• Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack
• Experience working as part of a larger PMO to deliver complex solutions, working through an agile process to call out issues, remove impediments, and manage risks.
• Experience working with streaming and/or consumer facing technologies (entertainment, mobile/web, backend infrastructure, etc.)
• Ability to use critical thinking and creativity to improve processes and bring more efficiency
• Comfortable with making decisions that are thoughtful with limited data and lots of ambiguity
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant experience.
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Advanced Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
Hiring Salary Range: $135,000.00 - 155,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3n18x-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.