Distribution Product Manager, Google & Amazon
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
experience in agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization.
Individuals should be highly skilled professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and excellent communicators, with a passion for servant-leadership. We're looking for self-directed program managers who are open to collaborating in an environment of mutual influence. This individual will be responsible for managing large cross-functional software development projects to help fulfill Pluto's strategic needs.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Cross- Team Communication: Driving cross-team communication by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to internal partners and the larger organization.
• Agile Best Practices: Implementing agile methodologies to govern the day-to-day activities of the team, serving as a team process coach and agile subject matter authority. Coordinating agile ceremonies at the team level.
• Impediment Removal: Actively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables. Working with other program managers and organizational leaders to remove impediments and balance risks.
• Program Planning: Participating in quarterly planning, balancing cross-team dependencies with the PMO, and setting delivery plans.
• Servant Leadership : Working as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to nurture healthy and productive working relationships.
• Development Team Relationship : Developing a healthy working relationship within your teams and taking steps to build an environment of mutual respect.
• Relentless Improvement : Implementing processes that foster relentless improvement and drive the team and the organization towards more efficient product delivery.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Strong knowledge of Agile principles and tools. A CSM is required and an advanced Agile certification (e.g. SPC, CSP, PMI-ACP, etc.) highly desired.
• 5+ years' experience as an agile project manager/scrum master building complex software-based systems from inception to release, including coordinating cadence-based releases.
• Able to handle high-level partners within the organization and help to balance competing needs and requests.
• Experience resolving conflicts and coaching high-functioning development teams, with an eye on using those skills to increase the speed and quality of software delivery.
• Experience using agile techniques to deliver large software epics with reliability, speed, and quality.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.