Technology Strategy Analyst
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The first commercial television set was introduced in 1928 and has been largely unchanged since! For the first time in history, TV is changing big time! As a Senior Software Engineer on the front-end web team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate on television and reinvent TV. You'll be challenged to add and experiment with first-class features. Your work will have direct impact on millions of people and contribute to our goal of entertaining the planet.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of the full-stack with heavy experience in front-end development. Your solutions need to be reliable, efficient, reusable and scalable. You'll need to understand the intricacies of building an app for a wide range of devices for millions of users and beyond.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Work jointly with Product, Design, Business Intelligence, QA and Backend teams to delivery a best-in-class user experience to entertain millions of users
• Design solutions that anticipate failure and corner cases
• Maintain detailed documentation on features, flows and processes
• Effectively communicate and document progress via Jira, Slack and Confluence
• Take ownership and responsibility for your work
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of React/Redux development experience
• SPA development experience
• Strong ability to troubleshoot / debug issues
• Ability to quickly pick up new APIs/SDKs
• Capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment
• Consumer-Oriented, pays attention to details, regards user-experience a top priority
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 3+ years full-stack development experience
• 1+ years Typescript development experience
• Connected TV / Smart TV / Gaming Console development experience
• Experience with Selenium / QA Automation
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Deployment
• Experience with Monorepo
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.