ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Our teams are responsible for servicing premier online content around the world via our state of the art platforms including Paramount+. We help millions of viewers consume and enjoy award-winning television hits such as Big Bang Theory, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, and many more!
Interested in joining the team? We have an ongoing hiring need for Engineers in various locations and are continuously reviewing applicants. All applicants will be reviewed and considered for a current or near-future opening.
We are looking for a motivated iOS Developer with a natural inclination to elegantly solve problems. As a member of our mobile engineering team the developer will have the opportunity to directly help enhance the video streaming experience of our large and expanding mobile customer base. This role will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We are constantly evaluating and adapting the latest and greatest on the iOS/tvOS platforms and there's always something new to learn!
• Technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class tvOS and iOS native applications
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Continuously improve the applications - find and fix bugs while improving application performance
• Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
• Implement upgrades, rebuilds and additional porting of applications
• Balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
• Evaluate opportunities to bring new features to mobile users from a technical perspective
• Create technical requirements documentation based on Product requirements
• Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management
• Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Program tvOS and iOS applications
• Enhanced video viewing experience
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• 3+ years of iOS development experience
• Excellent programming skills in Swift
• In-depth knowledge of the iOS platform and deep familiarity with Xcode
• Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, multi-threaded programming, animations, etc.
• Experience working on UI design for all size-classes using storyboards and xibs
• Acted as a key contributor to at least one publically released native iPhone application
• Experience in consuming RESTful APIs to connect with back-end services.
• Experience working with Agile development processes
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work well with non- technical members of the development team
• Ability to assist others in a technical capacity
• Strong problem solving and architectural skills
You might also have –
• BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Background supporting the integration of rich media assets, including video, into mobile properties
• Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools in building iOS apps
• Continuous Build & Test Automation experience
• Experience working with entertainment, games, news, or sports-related properties preferred
• Understanding of streaming video and DRM concepts
• Knowledge of Localization practices and concepts in Xcode
• Experience with Swift Package Manager
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo4bp-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.