Production Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV is looking for a Senior Director of Product, Ad Delivery & Yield, who will lead the efforts to achieve the highest-monetizing ad platform in the free, ad-supported TV space! This role is a broad, leadership role that will work across internal teams to improve our ad experience for viewers and for our business partners, especially advertisers.
You will be leading and developing a team working on the end-to-end ad flow, from ad requests to delivery of ads into the experience. Your product responsibilities will cover the inner workings of the ad-serving system, including how it interacts with our proprietary stitcher, how it interprets ad responses from FreeWheel and other ad-servers, and all the logic related to the preparation of ads to be shown to viewers (along with the related reporting functionality). This important leadership role with significant influence across the company, driving business and engineering execution, and optimizing results!
• Cross-Functional Team Relationship: Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Product, Program, Engineering teams, and the core business and operational teams which include Ad Sales/Partnerships, Ad Operations, Content/Programming, and Distribution.
• Product Planning and Requirements: Define and lead the product vision, strategies, and roadmap plans for the team and ensure their prioritization on the all-up company roadmap. This includes product documents that include clear definitions of goals, risks, dependencies, assumptions, acceptance criteria, and a solution design (defined by an architect/engineer) that meets the requirements. Lead these products through the software development lifecycle from concept to development to launch and post-launch.
• Customer Compassion and Advocacy: Knowledge of the wants and needs of advertisers, agencies and partners.
• Team Leadership & Management: Become a giving member of the Revenue Product team through product ideation discussions, alignment to the operational cadence, helping others succeed, living our cultural values, and improvements to how we operate. Define and gain approval for an organizational and hiring plan that includes roles and responsibilities to achieve team goals and realize the product vision/strategies. Work closely with HR and the SVP of Product to effectively develop a strong team.
• Operational QA/Troubleshooting: Triage ad tech issues efficiently, drive resolution with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting, critical issues, and communicating the status/results to partners.
• Ad Tech Subject Matter Expert (SME): Become the expert on the Pluto TV Ad Platform, including the step-by-step functions that occur, the logic applied, the role/impact of non-technology operations, how internal/external systems are used, and the related system and business goals. Engage with the broader ad industry where necessary.
• Business Knowledge: Develop a solid understanding of how the business operates and how it is performing both currently and historically. Proficiency interpreting data is important for success in this role.
Experience We're Seeking
• 6+ years of commercial product management experience, particularly with shown leadership in the management of a product from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization.
• 4+ years developing teams of product managers.
• 2+ years with digital and programmatic advertising, preferably in TV or streaming video ad-serving or server-side ad insertion.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to achieve results through influence and cross-team collaboration.
• Intellectual curiosity and passion for identifying key problems that are faced by the business, by the market and by current technologies.
• Analyzing data to identify trends, diagnose problems, and to find solutions.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxv80o-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.