Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
• Hands-on software development on the Android /Amazon platform that drives multiple applications for some of the most popular global entertainment brands
• Design, develop, test, maintain, integrate, and improve existing applications
• Work with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements
• Lead individual project priorities, deadlines, and work.
• Participate in preparing business cases, requirements documents, and product roadmaps for the Android platform.
• Attend and participate in meetings and multi-disciplinary committees as required
• Prepare architectural diagrams and technical specifications for the engineering team to deliver high quality, maintainable software
• Represent coding standard methodologies through sharing your expertise, performing code reviews, and mentoring engineers
• Experience programming in Kotlin and Java using Gradle and Android Studio
• Experience following and implementing software design patterns.
• Able to work with multiple scrum teams in an agile process.
• Experience with unit testing, test-driven development, branching patterns, and continuous integration/deployment
• Be an advocate for high-quality software and excellent user experiences
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate conversations with business partners in project definition, business requirements definition, and functional design sessions.
• Eye for quality and user experience
• Translate business objectives into software requirements
• 3+ years experience developing Android Applications
• Good English Skills - Read and Write: Advanced / Speaking: Intermediate
• Have shipped one or more apps to the Google Play and/or Amazon app store.
• Familiarity with RxJava or other reactive frameworks
• Familiarity with Dependency Injection frameworks, such as Dagger.
• Experience developing for Android TV / Amazon Fire TV
• Experience working across multiple interdisciplinary teams
• Experience working with globally distributed teams
• Experience working on Android projects with multi-module architecture
• Experience with Video Streaming (HLS / MPEG-DASH)
• Previous experiences working with ExoPlayer
• Widevine DRM knowledge
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e6xe-18-206-14-36-42 in your application.