*This is a 100% Remote job opportunity*
Pluto TV is looking for an experienced senior Android software engineer to join our team. As a member of the Growth and Experiments team, you will be responsible for the design and development of proof of concepts and experiments that can significantly improve the Pluto TV viewing experience. Given the various Android based platforms Pluto TV is on, you'll have the opportunity to contribute features and updates to millions of users.
• Hands on software development on the Android /Amazon platform that drives multiple applications for some of the most popular global entertainment brands
• Design, develop, test, deploys new applications as well as maintaining, integrating and improving existing applications.
• Work with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements.
• Lead individual project priorities, deadlines and work.
• Participate in preparing business cases, requirements documents and product roadmaps for the Android platform.
• Attend and participate in meetings and multi-disciplinary committees as required.
• Prepare architectural diagrams and technical specifications for the engineering team to deliver high quality, maintainable software.
• Represent coding standard methodologies through sharing your expertise, performing code reviews, and mentoring engineers.
• Experience programming in Java and Kotlin
• Experience using Gradle and Android Studio
• Experience following and implementing software design patterns.
• Able to work with multiple scrum teams in an agile process.
• Experience with unit testing, test driven development, branching patterns and continuous integration / deployment.
• Be an advocate for high quality software and excellent user experiences.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate conversations with business partners in project definition, business requirements definition and functional design sessions.
• Eye for quality and user experience
• Translate business objectives into software requirements
• 3+ years of experience developing Android Applications
• Have shipped one or more apps to the Google Play and/or Amazon app store
• Good knowledge and experience with RxKotlin / RxJava or other reactive frameworks
• Familiarity with Kotlin Flow
• Understanding of dependency injection and experience with Dagger 2
• Experience developing for Android TV / Amazon Fire TV
• Experience working across multiple interdisciplinary teams
• Experience working with globally distributed teams
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zj6x-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.