Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
*This position supports Remote work*
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently! We are testing and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV's testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE Manager, you partner with software engineering leadership to create and code tests concurrently with product development. We build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Manager will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide guidance on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
• Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
• Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
• Provide a comprehensive assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
• Develop testing and defect remediation process.
• Management / Mentorship of STE's.
• 7+ years in QA, SDET, STE, Automation, engineering, or similar roles.
• 4+ years of people management experience.
• 3+ years coding in Java.
• 3+ years developing Test automation scripts, specifically object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java).
• 1+ years' experience testing and automation development of Client Applications (Roku, Android, iOS, CTV, OTT, Web, etc).
• 2+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using robust api testing frameworks.
• 2+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
• Experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
• Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc).
• Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, working with native AWS and performance testing experience are all pluses.
• Mentoring of team members on the following competencies: Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards, Use of STE Unified Test Framework, Application behavior and testing techniques, and Test coverage for application(s) supported.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9zn6-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.