This Programming Manager for Reality, True Crime and additional categories of the Pluto TV platform is responsible for content evaluation, while also managing the linear programming and overall success of assigned categories. Working on special team projects, along with analyzing platform performance data, is also an integral part of this role. This position reports to the Sr. Manager from their respective category/categories, while also having direct reports to people-manage themselves. They will help develop and implement strategies that deliver on the department KPI's while being on the front line of revolutionizing the future of TV – thus helping to achieve Pluto TV's mission to entertain the planet. To be successful in this role, the manager will be a self-starter with a love for problem solving and an ability to navigate competing and, occasionally, shifting priorities.
• Develop and implement successful programming schedules, leveraging scheduling strategies, data and research
• Analyze and evaluate trends in content performance and platform user behavior
• Collaborate, ideate and execute programming stunts, channel launches and larger platform priorities when needed
• Manage and develop a team to help with daily programming duties
• Have an experimental mindset, with the goal of using data to support the success of programming strategy
• Work as a collaborative partner within the Programming team as a whole, along with the smaller teams under each category umbrella
• Engage with the larger Pluto TV organization, partnering with the Marketing teams, Content Operations, Content Partnerships, etc.
• Review content catalogs from major entertainment studios, distribution and production companies, as well as select independent outlets
• Collaborate on best practices and programming strategies with the Programming team as a whole
• Join partner meetings and offer the POV for Programming when needed
• Clearly and professionally communicate with a variety of both internal and external partners
• Other special projects and duties as assigned
• 4+ years of programming experience within a digital or traditional media environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Experience with leading and developing people
• Comfort with speaking in front of large groups, strong presentation skill-set
• Strong project management skills, able to oversee several projects at one time
• Strong data literacy, with experience using analytic tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel
• A creative spirit, collaborative approach and eagerness to learn
• Comfortable with working in multiple content management systems
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
• Love for television and movies!!
• Working familiarity with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000.00 - 85,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0jkzm-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.