Technology Strategy Analyst
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
With key goals that include the expansion of our US Operations a dedication to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As the Video Integration Architect you will help define and build the core systems that power PlutoTV's video transcoding, packaging and playout infrastructure for Free, Ad-Supported linear and VOD OTT streaming.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you. This role is part of the architecture team led by our SVP of Product Architecture.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Being able to effectively speak to Pluto TV's Video, Content, Revenue and Application teams on projects that support Pluto's video services.
• Architecting systems that span multiple subject areas and teams within the engineering organization.
• Using all existing tools and recommending new tools to review system status and preempting problems
• Leading forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
• Influencing architectural decisions based on product requirements, high availability, massive scale, industry trends, quality metrics and emerging technologies such as new A/V codecs, stream packaging, and video streaming protocols.
• Document and present design decisions to your peers.
• Developing and maintaining a healthy, working relationship across all PlutoTV engineering and product teams
• Collaborate with the Video Playout and Transcoding software development teams to contribute with production-ready code.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 10 years of commercial experience developing highly reliable software services that handle billions of daily transactions.
• Significant experience with video operations workflows, including working knowledge of ffmpeg and/or GStreamer
• Strong with video streaming protocols HLS and MPEG-DASH and video players on multiple platforms such as iOS, ExoPlayer, Roku, video.js and hls.js
• 3+ years of experience working with DRM standards FairPlay, WideVine and PlayReady
• Knowledge of industry standard A/V codecs and streaming protocols
• Knowledge of industry measurement and validation processes for linear OTT and VOD video
• 3+ years developing services in one of GoLang, NodeJS is preferable
• 3+ years familiarity with Cloud technologies and platforms such as Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure
• Knowledge of at least one of Loggly, Splunk, CloudWatch, Prometheus or similar
• Passion for Product Process and Innovation and being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
• Strong documentation skills: ability to create compelling documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.