Engineering Manager, Web Apps
Overview and Responsibilities
With bold goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a dedication to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the stellar road ahead.
Information Architecture is a design area that is focused on making information findable and understandable. As the Information and Taxonomy Architect at PlutoTV you will ensure the integrity of the information that is collected and measured throughout the PlutoTV system. PlutoTV has multiple data points, from content metadata to published schedules. From user actions to automated decisions. The data that is generated and collected must be consistent, accurate, organized, timely and complete. This person will collaborate with multiple teams team to define the next generation of the taxonomy of our data, determining what that data set is, how it is to be presented and collected, how hierarchical data points are to be collected so they can be logically grouped, and how all these data points relate to each other.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and seek beauty and clarity in the portrayal of content and information, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the SVP of Product Architecture.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Identifying data points within all aspects of Pluto's system to drive the definition of data hierarchies and their relationships to each other.
• Defining a systematic, comprehensive and holistic approach to structuring data so that it is easy to find and understand the information it holds.
• Driving technical direction of ML systems to extract knowledge from the information
• Generating clear and accurate documentation for all teams to reference.
• Collaborating with Pluto TV's Application Development and UX teams, Data Pipeline, Business Intelligence, Publishing and all back end services teams.
• Leading forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
• Collaborate with the engineering development teams to contribute with production-ready code on multiple platforms and services.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• A minimum 3+ year track record of applying taxonomy, hierarchy and information architecture standards for consumer services.
• Familiarity with A/B testing processes and frameworks.
• Comfortable presenting ideas and designs to a group of passionate engineering peers.
• Strong documentation skills: ability to create compelling, detail-oriented documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.
• Design and document Entity Relationship Diagrams
• Srong experience driving search strategies for large-scale data lakes or data warehouses such as DataBricks and Spark.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with modern cloud databases like Snowflake
• Ability to write production-level application code to expose the information data points.
• Self-motivated and organized; knows what to do and how to do it.
• Passion for Product Process and Innovation: Passionate about being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm4wmx-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.