Overview and Responsibilities
With bold goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As a Product Architect for Core Infrastructure you will help the Architecture team deliver their projects to production.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the SVP of Product Architecture.
• At least 5 years experience developing software on at least two of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Roku, HTML.
• At least 5 years experience working with server API teams to influence API design decisions.
• Understanding the current system and suggesting areas that need improvement for future growth and features
• Mentoring other engineers to strengthen design and implementation decisions
• Documenting system designs
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Designed, developed and deployed to production multiple components that have been used across multiple engineering teams and multiple micro services.
• Hands-on experience designing and building for highly-available distributed services across multiple data centers and cloud providers
• Proposed new microservices or refactoring of existing microservices that have been built and deployed to production
• Experience with observability, tracing calls through multiple layers of a distributed software stack
• Influencing, designing and leading the implementation of core reusable components for a microservices and event-driven architecture with High Availability and resiliency
• Influencing, designing and leading the implementation of APIs for client/server and server/server communication
• Demonstrate understanding of and clearly explain the appropriateness of software patterns
• Can balance separation of concerns and denormalized data with data consistency across multiple micro services
• Ability to make tradeoffs and explain API design decision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills