Engineering Manager, Web Apps
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
With aggressive goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead.
PlutoTV is the leading Free Ad Supported Television internet service. The Advertising Integration Architect will collaborate with the Revenue team to advance our software stack with new technologies and protocols, and will be responsible for crafting the new systems and knowing how these changes impact other system components.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of teamwork, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the SVP of Product Architecture.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Work closely with Pluto TV's Advertising Services and Advertising Operations organizations and collaborate with the teams on projects supporting Pluto's revenue growth.
• Architecting systems that span multiple subject areas and teams within the engineering organization.
• Using all existing tools and recommending new tools to review system status and preempt problems
• Leading forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
• Influencing architectural decisions based on product requirements, high availability, massive scale, industry trends, revenue growth, and emerging technologies
• Developing and maintaining a healthy working relationship with the teams across Content services, Core services, Analytics and Video Playout services.
• Collaborate with the Advertising Services software development team to contribute with production-ready code.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 10 years of commercial experience developing highly reliable software services that handle billions of daily transactions.
• 5+ years experience with DAI and OTT advertising operations workflows
• Working knowledge of industry advertising protocols VAST, VMAP, OpenRTB
• Working knowledge of ad measurement, data management, and ad formats for OTT video
• Familiarity with the operation of DSPs, SSPs and Ad Exchanges
• Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms such as Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure
• Working knowledge of at least one of Loggly, Splunk, CloudWatch, Prometheus or similar
• At least 3 years developing services in one of GoLang, NodeJS or Typescript is preferable
• Passion for Product Process and Innovation, and being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
• Strong documentation skills: ability to develop compelling documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.