Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
** This is a remote role.
Scope of Job: At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV's testing infrastructure and write code toexamine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE Manager, your partnership with software engineering managers to create and code tests concurrently with product development is essential. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code andtest it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Manager will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in all publishing scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
• Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements
• Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity
• Providing a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development
• Developing and enhancing testing and defect remediation process
• People Management of Software Test Engineers within the Publishing Team
• Java coding is a must
• Experience with publishing systems at scale
• People Management experience
• 5+ years experience of people management working with both on-site and offshore teams
• 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
• 3+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using robust api testing frameworks
• 5+ years of performance testing experience supporting high-scale back-end systems
• Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
• 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
• Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a BIG plus
• 2+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology
• Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, is a plus
• Experience with Test Management tools such as TestRail, is a must
Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
• Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards
• Use of STE Unified Test Framework
• Application behavior and testing techniques
• Test coverage for application(s) supported
• Efficient testing strategies
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn30m3-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.