Director Of Product, International
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a program management professional with experience delivering complex software projects in an agile environment? We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills, experience in agile methodologies, and a track record of delivering projects on time with a high degree of quality. This individual will run a small team of cross-functional program managers who oversee some of our organization's most critical projects.
Individuals should be highly skilled professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and excellent communicators, with a passion for servant-leadership. We're looking for leaders who are open to collaborating in an environment of mutual influence.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Team Operations: Oversee a team of program managers supporting cross-functional initiatives. Implement and maintain agile standards and processes to help deliver customer value in the shortest-sustainable lead time.
• Cross- Team Communication: Drive cross-team communication by providing accurate and proactive tracking of projects in your portfolio. Work across the PMO to drive progress on enablers and features. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, will be required.
• Impediment Removal: Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables. Partner with other organizational leaders to remove impediments and balance risks.
• Program Planning: Participate in quarterly cross-domain planning, maintaining focus on assigned initiatives to ensure that requirements are clear, cross-team dependencies are understood, and estimates are accurate.
• Servant Leadership : Work as a servant-leader within the organization, using leadership skills to nurture healthy and productive working relationships.
• Partner Management : Develop healthy working relationships across the organization and bring to bear those relationships to move cross-functional projects forward.
• Relentless Improvement : Implement regular retrospectives to help us learn from our mistakes. Use inspect and adapt tools to drive the team and the organization towards more efficient product delivery.
• People Management: Hire, train, and supervise a team who will be entrusted with major cross-functional projects.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Agile Principles : Strong knowledge of Agile principles and tools. An advanced Agile certification (e.g. SPC, CSP, PMI-ACP, etc.) is required for this role.
• Program Management Experience: 7+ years experience as a program manager coordinating cadence-based software releases is required. People Management experience is highly desired.
• Cross-Functional Leadership: Experience managing high profile initiatives, coordinating with seniors leaders, and balancing competing needs and requests.
• Team-Building: Experience hiring, training, and supervising program managers on cross-functional software development projects. Experience mentoring development teams with the goal of increasing the speed and quality of software delivery.
• Agile Delivery - Experience using agile techniques to deliver large software epics with the shortest sustainable lead time. Focused on maintaining platform stability and ensuring a smooth customer experience.
Organizational Transformation- Validated experience using knowledge and influence to drive organizational improvements.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.