(Remote) Lead Technical Program Manager
*This role is 100% remote*
Lead Program Manager, Backend Platforms and Scalability
Pluto TV, a Paramount company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago, and Berlin.
Are you a hardworking Agile program manager looking to join an expansive PMO? We are seeking an individual deep technical skills, experience in Agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization.
Individuals should be highly skilled Agile program management professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and extraordinary communications, with a passion for servant-leadership. Your main responsibility will be serving as an agent of change within the Pluto TV Program Management Office, building out Pluto TV's processes and improving workflows that deliver value to the organization and our customers.
Day to Day
• Facilitate quarterly big-room planning, balance dependencies with the Program Management Office, and lead all aspects of release schedules.
• Manage a team of Technical Program Managers and provide leadership and guidance on Agile ceremonies and standard methodologies.
• Work with and coach Product Management, Engineering leaders, and Business partners to accurately set expectations in managing the program backlogs, prioritization, and refinements.
• Drive cross-team communication and maintain healthy cross-team relationships.
• Define, gather, analyze, and communicate key execution metrics and reporting.
• Manage risks and dependencies between scrum teams and foster teamwork between teams and partners.
• Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables, and ensure successful execution of team and train objectives.
• Work as a servant-leader within the Agile release train, using leadership skills to cultivate healthy and productive working relationships.
• Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of regular ART syncs, Demos and Inspect & Adapt Workshops.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful.
• 5+ years experience as an Agile project manager/scrum master and knowledge of Agile principles (Scrum and/or Kanban). Specific experience in implementing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and acting as an organizational change agent
• Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or Release Train Engineer (RTE)
• Solid understanding of Agile software development methodologies, with demonstrated success driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Experience in coaching, mentoring, and Agile training to promote common understanding, improve alignment, efficiency, and partnership across the Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
• Experience working as part of a larger PMO to deliver complex solutions, utilizing an Agile process to call out issues, remove impediments, and manage risk.
• Experience resolving conflicts and coaching teams to become better-aligned and higher functioning, with an eye on demonstrating those team skills to increase the speed and quality of software delivery.
• Experience managing a team of teams, negotiating compromises, and interfacing between technical and business partners.
• Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Google Workspace
• Familiarity with the streaming applications, entertainment technology, and/or video and metadata ingestion workflows is recommended
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Hiring Salary Range: $160,000.00 - 175,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r141my-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.