At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV's testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE Lead, your partnership with software engineering leads to create and code tests concurrently with product development is essential. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Lead will also act as a lead representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in all development activities and provide hands-on leadership work to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported via test automation.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Providing a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
- Developing and enhancing testing and defect remediation process
- Leading a team of Software Test Engineers focusing on test automation activities
- Increase automation test coverage by automating manual test cases and ensuring that the automation framework runs in a reliable and repeatable manner.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Strong Test automation experience using Java
- End-to-end testing experience
- Project Leadership experience
- 5+ years experience of leading engineers working with on-site and offshore teams
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards.
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework.
- Application behavior and testing techniques.
- Test coverage for application(s) supported.
- Efficient testing strategies and effective prioritization of scenarios
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (TestNG, Java. Selenium, Webdriver, Appium)
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
- Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a BIG plus.
- 2+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
- Experience with Test Management tools such as TestRail, a must.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnmvk-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.