Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Position: Lead Product Manager - Discovery & Experiences
Reports to: Abhishek Nagaraju
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Paramount company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
We are currently looking for a Lead Product Manager - Discovery & Experiences, to join the Consumer Product Team who will explore and build features for improving the discoverability of content and the viewing experiences across our platforms. This role will report to the Director of Product, Consumer Product.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Develop consumer-facing products and features that engage users and drive retention.
• Identify customer needs, conduct market research and define product requirements to enable Agile teams to develop products.
• Work with the User Experience/Design team to define ways to optimize our product offerings and the user experience.
• Work closely with Engineering and Business Intelligence/Data teams to develop and deliver new features across platforms.
• Work closely with development and internal/external partners to understand requirements for each platform and drive the product lifecycle for new features.
• Drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development while balancing key business metrics and product quality.
• Generate product requirements/user stories and release plans to enable the Agile teams to develop products on time and successfully execute launches.
• Assess and research market competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products.
Qualities / Experience:
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 5-7 years' experience in Product Management, with a recent focus on online video and consumer facing experiences is preferred.
• Knowledge of video streaming products, online video platforms, and AVOD/SVOD/TVOD business models.
• A strong business sense and ability to clearly articulate the value of your product to internal and external partners.
• Experience managing Product Managers
• Experience delivering products/features on native apps (Mobile, Connected TVs, Web, game consoles and/or other platforms).
• Experience using data to guide decision-making and to validate changes.
• Experience working closely with Engineering teams in an Agile environment.
• Ability to work with remote and offshore teams.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r00z28-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.