Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Pluto TV is looking for an experienced software engineering manager for development of new, as well as enhancement of existing, backend services. Confident with high volume and high-performance Node.js servers. Some experience with Ad Tech is preferred.
• Build out and manage a great team of software engineers (mostly remote) on multiple scrum teams (9-12 team members)
• Keep your teams happy, motivated and successful
• Develop and implement innovative processes, strategies and best practices to maximize team morale and productivity
• Host weekly 1:1's with team members for coaching and mentoring
• Conduct code reviews and ensure developers adhere to team's best practices and processes
• Develop technical requirements for new projects or improve existing projects with teams
• Encourage teams to make technical decisions, and make final decisions when necessary
• Determine key engineering metrics
• Monitor and improve team engineering metrics
• Ensure priority tasks such as production issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
• Guide realistic (not optimistic) LOE discussions during Quarterly PI planning, accounting for likely set-backs and external constraints
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
• BS/MS degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required
• 10+ years of software engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, performant and responsive web applications
• 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (on teams with 7 or more developers)
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• 1+ years of Typescript experience (nice-to-have)
• 1+ years of Ad Tech experience (nice-to-have)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88bn9-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.