West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
The Distribution Product Manager (DPM) partners with the business development organization to set the Pluto TV product direction for distribution partners, including Google, Amazon, Roku and/or Apple.
As our distribution relationships are critical to the success of Pluto TV, this position plays an important role in helping grow and engage the Pluto TV community using partner platforms. This individual will work closely with the business development and development teams to establish and execute on partner product strategy.
This role will report to the Director of Distribution Product Management.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Setting the quarterly distribution objectives across all development teams.
• Handling incoming distribution initiatives, such as new platform launches, major product iterations, international expansions, complex cross-team initiatives, and major, high-visibility company priorities.
• Being involved in distribution partnerships from initial discovery calls through deal negotiation.
• Serving as a counterpart to business development partner leads in representing the Product Team to external partners.
• Playing a hybrid role of Product Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management, as they oversee distribution initiatives across multiple teams and are responsible for ensuring that all internal parties are engaged on delivering on a Distribution Initiative, such as Revenue, Data Engineering, Platform Product Managers, Video Engineering, Architecture, Content Systems, Content Programming, etc.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 years of commercial experience in software product/program management in a fast growing technical product organization. Experience with streaming technologies is highly desirable. Mobile & CTV experience is a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with key mobile & streaming device platform owners.
• Adept with software development teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with validated experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Experience balancing expectations, driving partner reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
• Solid understanding of data, and ability to communicate with others fluent in the language of data.
• Experience using data to drive important business decisions.
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.