Director Of Product, International
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director of Platform Product Management partners with Distribution and Consumer Product management and Development teams to build connected TV and mobile streaming apps for Pluto.
This product executive will lead a team of technical Platform Product Managers that are responsible for leading Agile development scrum teams and backlogs that develop improvements to our Connected Television technology platforms and integrations with our partner devices, including Amazon, Comcast, Google, Sony PlayStation, and Samsung.
This role will report to the VP Product Management, Distribution, International & Platforms.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Setting the quarterly development objectives across all Connected TV device & mobile development teams.
• Developing and executing on multiple device roadmaps for Pluto, taking into consideration the unique needs of streaming users for each platform.
• Organizing and prioritizing projects across multiple regions on a weekly basis.
• Communicating frequently with key Pluto business and development stakeholders to keep them informed of any changes to the roadmap.
• Acting as servant-leader to a team of hardworking technical platform product managers. Support your team during their day-to-day jobs and their growth as product leaders.
• Playing a hybrid role of Product Management, Program Management and Portfolio Management, as they lead all aspects of viewer and distribution initiatives across multiple teams. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all internal parties are engaged in delivering on International Initiatives, such as Revenue, Data Engineering, Platform Product Managers, Video Engineering, Architecture, Content Systems, Content Programming, etc.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least 10 years of experience in software product/program management in a fast growing software product organization. Experience with streaming technologies is highly desirable. Mobile & CTV experience is a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with key mobile & streaming device platform owners.
• Adept working with software development teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with validated experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Experience balancing expectations, driving partner reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
• Leadership experience hiring, leading, and developing a team of technical product managers in a fast growing software development environment.
• Proven understanding of data, and ability to communicate with others fluent in the language of data.
• Experience using data to drive important business decisions.