Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
As Director of Data Engineering, you have a solid understanding of both the business and the technical aspects of data engineering in relation to digital media and advertisement. You will lead data engineering initiatives within established scope, while simultaneously planning for and managing unknown future requirements in a dynamic environment. This is a hands-on role, so will be required to develop and deliver data engineering codebase along with managing the team.We are passionate about working with diverse teams and leading by example. Does this sound like you? Join us at Pluto TV!
• Work closely with leadership and be directly responsible for data strategy, data design, management and development of the data platform and products in cloud based big data environment.
• Lead and manage the data engineering team in designing state-of-the-art data technology solution that meets the business needs while ensuring sustainability, scalability, performance and security.
• Scale with the business by designing systems focusing on possible future business needs and changes.
• Understand organization goals, focus on big picture while delivering data platform components iteratively in line with it.
• Migrate/Modernize the current data stack by understanding present requirements, assessing new tools/frameworks and how they would fit the need and lead migration effort from start to end.
• Maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, storage requirements and implement archival and disaster recovery strategies.
• Continually seek use of modern technology to lower the total cost of ownership.
• Establish data engineering best practice, implement process improvements and document standards within the team and across various relevant teams in the organization.
• Communicate with Stakeholders and higher leadership to explain designs and/or technical challenges and work through design feedback.
• Lead, motivate and grow the team with diversity, empathy, transparency, and integrity.
• Hire and develop the best of the talents.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 12+ years of top-tier data engineering experience; at least 7 years on cloud Infrastructure and software development with advanced languages such as Python, Scala, SQL etc.
• 12+ years of experience in building data lake, data warehouse and data marts through real time and batch mode of data ingestion in a big data processing cloud platform.
• 8+ years of experience in AWS and 3+ years of experience in GCP
• 6+ years of experience in Snowflake and Spark (Databricks)
• 5+ years of experience CICD framework and relevant tools (DBT, Terraform)
• 5+ experience Airflow or other orchestration tools
• 5+ years of experience in containerized microservice based system design (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment (preferably software development) and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau.
• Great communication and collaboration skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• 2+ years of working knowledge of digital media ecosystem, ad servers, DSPs, SSPs work preferred.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required, a master's degree is preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $195,000.00 - 220,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz2w1-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.