Analytics QA Engineer - Remote
Remote / Virtual
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Scope of Job: At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. As a Director, Data Test Engineering, you partner with software developers to validate Business Intelligence / Analytics Data alongside product management. Your rigorous data validation activities ensure data quality to help drive business initiatives through accurate reporting. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The Director of DTE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Department in scrum meetings and provide feedback on how to provide better data quality coverage for the applications supported. If you have experience with testing Analytics Data, Data Test Automation, UI Test Automation, and API/Data Pipeline Test Automation at scale in addition to intermediate SQL skills, then this role is for you.
• Scale the Data Test Engineering team from a process, resourcing, and operational efficiency
• Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on creating data validation tests based on requirements.
• Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
• Provide a well-rounded assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
• Data Testing and defect remediation process
• Provide thought leadership in test automation to focus on data quality of analytics fired by all platforms supported by Pluto TV.
You have exposure! (1+ years)
• Leading projects with minimal supervision and good people management skills
• Utilizing native AWS components
• Understanding of Agile Management tools such as Jira
You are getting there! (2+ years)
• Testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology
You know your stuff (3+years)
• Creating and carrying out SQL for Data Validation
• Hands-on experience with Database testing
• Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms
• Experience with DB tools/technologies such as Mode Analytics, Tablea
• Good understanding of data pipeline technologies such Kafka, Snowflake, elastic beanstalk, etc.
You are a Subject Matter Expert (5+ years)
• Effective cross-functional team management working with on-site and offshore teams
• Proven working experience in testing Business Intelligence / Analytics System at scale
• Utilizing industry-standard UI based automation framework/tools such as Selenium, WebDriver, Appium written in Java
You can train and lead (8+ years)
• Leading, managing, and scaling data quality teams in a fast-paced, matrixed environment in a director or similar role
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qp8m-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.