Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Paramount Company, is the leading free streaming television service delivering hundreds of live linear channels and thousands of titles on-demand to a global audience. The Emmy ® award-winning service curates a diverse lineup of channels, in partnership with over 400 international media companies, offering a wide array of genres, languages and categories featuring movies, television series, sports, news, lifestyle, kids and much more. Pluto TV can be easily accessed and streamed across mobile, web and connected TV devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV's growing international footprint extends across four continents and over 35 markets.
Pluto TV is seeking a Director of Business Intelligence, Content & Programming Insights who is analytically driven, with strong technical and business knowledge in content acquisition and editorial initiatives. The role is focused on enabling a strategic vision in partnership with BI leadership and handling resources in support of driving actionable insights for content and programming performance helping the Content & Programming arm of the organization meet their data needs. The ideal candidate has experience working in partnership with Content & Programming, Product Managers, Engineering, Data Engineering, FP&A and Leadership in an organization in addition to leading and mentoring a team of junior to seasoned analysts. This role requires developing strong relationships cross-functionally, with an emphasis on delivering compelling, data-informed actionable insights to various audiences, from marketing owners, business intelligence and executive leadership.
• Manage and take ownership of a team of 3 or more analysts in developing analytical insights to support the Content & Programming business questions, challenges and opportunities at Pluto TV through effective, executive-ready data-storytelling
• Act as a liaison and dedicated business partner between Business Intelligence, Content & Programming and Engineering leadership and other cross-functional teams, building strong partnerships and rapport for continued long-term business success and collaboration
• Anticipate and plan for Content & Programming insights and data needs; confirmed track record of translating partners' business needs/questions into comprehensive, actionable insights using advanced models (e.g. time-series forecasts, content valuation,, etc.), where appropriate
• Run and prioritize business requests of partners to ensure timely delivery of projects, resolving challenges and roadblocks with minimal oversight as they occur
• Oversee the quarterly Content & Programming roadmap prioritization process on behalf of the Business Intelligence team and in coordination with the project management team aligning on goal commitments with minimal oversight
• Own and institute process improvements and proper resource allocation for pre- and post-product campaign reporting
• Manage and mentor a growing team of analysts, reviewing analytical methodology, actionable insights, recommendations; coach analysts on best practices to storytelling given the audience composition
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• A bachelor's or master's degree in Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing Analytics, Business, Information Management & Systems, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 7+ years management experience
• A minimum of 7+ years of advanced analytical experience preferably supporting an enterprise Content, Programming or Editorial team or FP&A with an emphasis on content
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing a team of analysts
• Track record of advancing thought leadership and enabling an analytical strategic vision for Content insights in a media or tech organization in partnership with Business Intelligence leaders
• Experience partnering with large, cross-functional teams and leadership
• Effective communicator of technical and statistical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner from entry level to executive; extensive experience in producing executive-level presentations
• Experience mentoring and providing analytical feedback to analysts to deliver exceptional presentations and results
• Strong experience with SQL and writing/optimizing complex queries; experience working with Kochava, Braze, Adobe, Google Analytics, Tableau, BigQuery, SnowFlake a plus
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile, Scrum is preferred
• Experience with A/B testing design and methodologies
• Experience with tracking event design and instrumentation for marketing campaigns; comprehensive experience implementing and improving KPI measurement protocols and standardization of tags
• Advanced knowledge of industry standards and practices in business intelligence
• Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts at business and also entry user level
• Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent communication skills with strong background working directly with coworkers and clientele to identify business objectives and establish requirements
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Hiring Salary Range: $156,800.00 - 196,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy3b2-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.