Pluto TV, a Paramount Company, is the leading free streaming television service delivering hundreds of live linear channels and thousands of titles on-demand to a global audience. The Emmy ® award-winning service curates a diverse lineup of channels, in partnership with over 400 international media companies, offering a wide array of genres, languages and categories featuring movies, television series, sports, news, lifestyle, kids and much more. Pluto TV can be easily accessed and streamed across mobile, web and connected TV devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV's growing international footprint extends across four continents and over 35 markets.
Pluto TV is seeking a Director, Product Analytics who is analytically driven, with strong technical and business knowledge in media, product and big data. The role is focused on enabling a strategic vision in partnership with BI leadership and managing resources in support of driving actionable insights, recommendations and helping the product arm of the organization meet their data needs. The ideal candidate has experience working in partnership with Product Managers, Engineering, Data Engineering, Program Management and Executive Leadership in an organization in addition to managing and mentoring a team of junior to seasoned analysts. This role requires developing strong relationships cross-functionally, with an emphasis on delivering compelling, data-informed actionable insights to various audiences, from product owners and executive leadership.
• Proven track record of advancing thought leadership and enabling an analytical strategic vision for Product insights in a media or tech organization
• Manage and take ownership of a team of analysts in developing analytical insights to support the product team's business questions, challenges and opportunities at Pluto TV through effective, executive-ready data-storytelling
• Act as a liaison and dedicated business partner between Analytics, Product and Engineering leadership and other cross-functional teams involved in product development lifecycle, building strong partnerships and rapport for continued long-term business success and collaboration
• Anticipate and plan for Product's insights and data needs to help prioritize and optimize product portfolio; proven track record of translating stakeholders' business needs/questions into comprehensive, actionable insights
• Identify gaps in the current product portfolio and recommend enhancements or new offerings that meet customer needs and market trends leveraging data-driven insights
• Conduct thorough analysis of product performance metrics, usage and engagement patterns, to drive product roadmap decisions
• Manage and prioritize business requests of stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of projects, resolving challenges and roadblocks with minimal oversight as they occur
• Oversee the quarterly product roadmap prioritization process on behalf of the Analytics team and in coordination with the project management team aligning on goal commitments with minimal oversight
• Collaborate with Product leadership on hypothesis generation for A/B testing on a regular basis instilling a data-informed culture across teams; educate, train and assist Product in understanding the data lifecycle end to end, from tracking implementation through insights
• Manage and mentor a growing team of analysts, reviewing analytical methodology, actionable insights, recommendations; coach analysts on best practices to storytelling given the audience composition
• A bachelor's or master's degree in Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Information Management & Systems or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 7-10 years of analytical experience preferably supporting a product team
• Experience partnering with large, cross-functional teams and leadership
• Experience mentoring and providing feedback to analysts to deliver exceptional presentations and results
• Strong experience with SQL and writing/optimizing complex queries; experience working with Amplitude, Adobe, Google Analytics, Tableau a plus
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile, Scrum is preferred
• Experience with A/B testing design and methodologies; Optimizely experience preferred
• Experience with tracking event design and instrumentation a bonus; comprehensive experience implementing and improving KPI measurement protocols and standardization
• Advanced knowledge of industry standards and practices in business intelligence/analytics
• Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts at business and also entry user level
• Effective communicator of technical and statistical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner from entry level to executive
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, huge impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Hiring Salary Range: $156,800.00 - 196,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xjxm-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.