Senior Insights and Performance Product Manager
Remote / Virtual
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for growing, optimizing, and enhancing streaming media data pipeline architecture, streaming data, data collections, and data sharing. The idea candidate should have experience working on data pipelines, enhancing and troubleshooting data systems, and enjoys working with data. They will be supporting teams across the organization across multiple initiatives. You will drive the completion of projects within the established scope, while simultaneously planning for and managing unknown future data requirements in a dynamic environment. This position is fully remote.
• Design, model, and develop data pipelines to support reporting and analytics in a cloud environment
• ETL development: perform all aspects of programming assignments and assist with systems design
• Develop and maintain a technical metadata framework and repository of data events and ETL operations
• Help plan and maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, and storage requirements, with consideration of tiered data and data archiving
• Generate ad-hoc queries and reports based on business requirements
• Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives, and identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment and potential improvement areas
• Work with business stakeholders to gather, analyze, and translate requirements in BI reporting area – either recommending an existing solution, developing a solution, or synthesizing delivery requirements to engineering teams for development
• Actively question and challenge customers to understand their requirements and reach the best solutions, near and long term
• Understand and adhere to development and documentation standards, database design, and storage
• Successfully implement process improvements impacting own work and the work of others
• On-call application support is required
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
• 3+ years of top-tier Data engineering experience; at least 2 years in cloud Infrastructure and software development
• Experience with a programming language such as Python and/or Scala and scripting languages like Unix shell scripts
• Proficient knowledge of SQL and the Snowflake SQL environment
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment (preferably software development) and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
• Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data environments with real-world implementation of data collection and processing in AWS environment
• Experience with columnar databases like Snowflake, Redshift, etc
• Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow, Astronomer, Jenkins, etc
• Working knowledge of the digital media ecosystem, including how digital video streaming, ad servers, DSPs, SSPs work
• Knowledge of web technologies and online advertising systems
• Excellent knowledge of OLAP concepts
• Familiarity with stream processing frameworks like Snowpipe, Kafka, etc
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Snowsight, or Looker
• Great communication and collaboration skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
Becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4bz7-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.