Full Time Job
Counsel / Senior Counsel
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionOverview and Responsibilities
ViacomCBS Streaming is the home to some of the world's preeminent innovative streaming services and digital video products, including Paramount+, Pluto TV, CBSN and other premier online content networks for information and entertainment. It is a division of ViacomCBS, a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. We are seeking a Counsel or Senior Counsel (depending on experience) ideally in either Los Angeles or New York City.
The position will support a wide variety of legal functions for ViacomCBS Streaming services, particularly at Pluto TV, the leading free ad-supported streaming television service in America, such as:
• content licensing,strategic partnerships, product development and engineering, advertising sales and operations, marketing and publicity
• will provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including privacy and data protection laws and regulations, regulatory compliance and corporate compliance
Key roles of the position will include:
• Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including content licensing, strategic partnerships, marketing and professional services agreements.
• Review and negotiate advertising agreements and provide legal support.
• Review product changes and advise on legal risks and potential issues.
• Review marketing and advise on legal risks and potential issues.
• Negotiate agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
• Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, online privacy, and negotiation strategy.
• Assist with the continuous development and improvement of the legal team and its processes.
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials and global law firm experience in either corporate law or commercial and IP transactions; online media experience preferred; certified by the New York or California Bar
• The position requires an attorney with a minimum of 3 years of transactional experience which could include transactional experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, product counsel experience, and/or entertainment marketing or production experience.
• The successful candidate will be a diligent and proactive individual with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, and with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
• In-depth experience in contract drafting and analysis, with broad transactional background in areas such as digital distribution, technology and content licensing, advertising, advertising technology operations and services agreements.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must successfully pass a background check.
• In addition, ViacomCBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kzw0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
About The Brand Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.