ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
CBS Sports Digital -- a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBSSports.com, CBS Sports HQ, 247Sports, MaxPreps and SportsLine -- is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices. Our team is a diverse and agile group that effectively collaborates with the business to shape our department. Role Details: CBSSports.com is looking for a team member who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. We want somebody who has expert knowledge of the NBA and experience writing about it and other sports from a fantasy and sports betting perspective. In this role, you will have your finger on the pulse of the NBA and the sports betting landscape and have the skills to report about it.
• Write about what is relevant and important to our CBSSports.com audience from a fantasy and sports betting perspective
• Cover fantasy sports and betting from a factual and analytical standpoint, but also think outside the box
• Formulate informed and entertaining analysis and commentary off the latest sports betting news and hottest fantasy topics
• Forecast and anticipate trends in audience interest and consumption habits
• Write analytical and informative features that engage our fantasy and sports betting audience
• Contribute to podcasts as an analyst speaking extemporaneously on your knowledge of sports fantasy and betting
• Help compile our newsletters, with a focus on what bettors need to know for the day's action
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or a communications-related field (or equivalent training & experience)
• Minimum 2 years working in a journalism or writing-related field
• Experience working and writing in a content management system
You might also have -
• A strong portfolio of prior work in a similar field
• Demonstrated ability for strategic editorial thinking
• Schedule flexibility and the ability to work weekends
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7z2o-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.