Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS News Digital consists of CBSNews.com, CBSN and CBS News Social Accounts. CBS News Digital leads the marketplace with record streams, dedication to public service and with diversity & inclusion core to our mission. We're a visionary news organization that founded its first free, 24-hour, live streaming service (CBSN) 6+ years ago. Today, CBSN continues to deliver trusted journalism and is available (for free) on over 20 devices and distribution partners like Samsung TV Plus, Fire TV News, Pluto, Xumo, Hulu and MSN.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll lead data-driven analysis projects. The opportunities, barriers, and trends you identify will have a direct influence on business choices and growth strategies within our collective eco-system of web properties, and streaming services. You'll engage product owners & business stakeholders to gather requirements and work large datasets, querying against multiple databases and/or off-the-shelf analytics packages. Present insights, analyses, and recommendations in a narrative fashion that will be shaping the user experience for millions.
• BA/BS Degree
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in a digital and analytical field
• At least 1 year of experience with AB testing tools like Optimizely and/ or Adobe Target
• Knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A|B, multi-variant, etc.)
• Strong experience in web analytics and video analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Adept with common statistical analysis and techniques
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Data Studio), Tableau, R, Python
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL * Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar * Able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
• Experience with GitHub or BitBucket
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7y1k-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.